Friday, August 28, 2009

Gogol Bordello


It's been a while since I've brought you guys more music that I enjoy. If you've ever seen "Wristcutters: A Love Story" (which if you haven't, you need to see), then you're familiar with the group Gogol Bordello. My friends went to Van's Warped Tour and discovered these guys and then showed me. They're like a band of musical Russian pirates or something who make amazingly fun music.(Apparently it's classified as "gypsy punk" but I hate gypsies so I'm not calling it that :-p). The name originated from Nikolai Gogol, a man who smuggled Ukrainian society into Russia, and Bordello, meaning "gentleman's club." The first song I heard by them was "Start Wearing Purple," so I'll start with that song.

"Start Wearing Purple"


"Wonderlust King" (live on Letterman):


And finally, the trailer for "Wristcutters: A Love Story":

No comments:

Post a Comment