Thursday, May 20, 2010

I've gotta buy me a Janelle Monae Android!

I've gotta buy me a Janelle Monae android! (See "Many Moons" video below)

This is Janelle Monae (or her alter-ego, Cindi Mayweather). She's got the dance vibe of Outkast, and it's crazy cool! Good luck not dancing while you listen to the video for "Many Moons" (complete with the Haitian from "Heroes!"). She fuses indie pop and soul and it's just straight up fun. Part big band, part soul, part hip hop, and all around classy. Muscian, dancer, songwriter, actor, she's got it all. Originally from Kansas, she moved to New York to pursue a career on Broadway, but decided to go back to music. Good thing too because she gave the world amazing music. Another fact about Monae is that she founded the Wondaland Arts Society in Atlanta with other young artists. And you know how I said it's got that Outkast vibe, well she also starred in "Idlewild" alongside Big Boi and even recorded a track with him ("Tightrope" below). Her newest album, "The ArchAndroid" just dropped, so go buy it and enjoy! (Also, I just loooove the hair!)

"Many Moons":


"Tightrope":

No comments:

Post a Comment