Sunday, September 19, 2010

Owen Pallett, the real Final Fantasy

I definitely just fell in love with the music of Owen Pallett, aka Final Fantasy. I mean, check this performance of "Lewis Takes Off His Shirt." Not only is it a terrific song, he tells the stage crew he's wants to finish the song as they try to get him to stop due to the rain!


Owen Pallett (Once known as Final Fantasy), is a Canadian artist who is a composer, violinist, keyboardist, and vocalist. His newest album "Heartland" is truly special. Check it out and you will soon see what I mean. I've discovered that his music is great to not only listen to, but also to do things to...such as read a book or clean a room to. It's beautiful and upbeat, with a certain mysticism about it. The following video is the first song I heard of his and is from an older record called "He Poos Clouds." (Hehe). How did I find him? A podcast by Tegan Quin of Tegan and Sara, haha. I know, I'm kinda obsessed with them at the moment :-p. (PS: Today's their 30th birthday)

"This Lamb Sells Condos"


Also, here is a cute vid of Tegan promoting her podcast that I learned about Owen from:

No comments:

Post a Comment