Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Find your voice

My friend introduced me to a new reality show on MTV called "Taking the Stage." My first thoughts were skeptical, I mean it is MTV. But, i said ok, and we watched it. I was really surprised and taken away by it. The show centers around five students at the School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati, a prestigious school for gifted students wishing to pursue the entertainment business. It's part dance, part music, part drama with interests ranging from ballet, to hip-hop, to rock.

There are only five episodes on thus far, and they can all be viewed on MTV.com. I just caught up. I've embedded the first episode below for you to view. If you like music, and you like dance, then you should check this out. It's not just your traditional reality tv show like Laguna or the Hills. This show depicts the struggles and the drive to prove yourself and make your dreams come to fruition. The show airs Thursdays at 10 pm ET/PT.

1 comment:

  1. Merci pour le post! Je regarde beaucoup d'émissions de télévision, surtout quand c'était en quarantaine et que je travaillais à domicile. Je n'ai pas perdu de temps sur la route et j'ai pu regarder certains programmes.

    ReplyDelete